Monday, April 17, 2006

Taxes -- OUCH!!!

Well, I just got back from my CPA's office, where the slaughter was even uglier than usual. I just wrote the biggest checks I've ever written in my life. And they were, of course, to pay my income tax.

I'm not going to write much of a post today. I'm still in a state of shock. Suffice it to say that if I hadn't already been a Libertarian before now, this tax season would have been enough to convert me.

Where is the morality of letting politicians determine whether we make "enough" money or "too much?" And what is all this crapola about income tax cuts being for "the rich?" I was laid-off -- for the third time in five years -- at the end of this past September and didn't have a job the last three months of the year. Nonetheless, I just paid the highest tax bill I have ever had.

This is rape. It is thievery. They even took money from my mother, who's had Alzheimer's for nearly ten years and now no longer even remembers her own name.

I'll remember this, the next time these con artists vote themselves yet another big pay raise. It's time for yet another American Revolution.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home