Saturday, April 08, 2006

The BIBLE?! Whazzat?

The most pathetic thing about ignorant people is that they think they're bloody geniuses. Every so often, on gay blogs that are conservative either religiously or politically, you come upon the comment of some self-important troll who's dumped off a Bible verse condemning "homosexuality."

Oh, duhhhh...the Bible! Who'da thunk o' lookin' in there?

Does it never occur to these morons that a great many gay people have read the Bible, too?

Given the general ugliness of their behavior, one would be on just as solid a footing to assume that the Bible-verse-dumpers themselves need a good boning-up.

It has been my experience that gay Christians have faced the "clobber" passages of Scripture more squarely, thoroughly, honestly and relentlessly than anybody else. After all, WE'RE the ones who have to deal with the consequences of reading them the wrong way.

Most of those who use such verses to clobber us give little indication they've even bothered to look up the verses they're citing. To quote Romans Chapter 1, for example, as a condemnation of same-sex love is to contradict the rest of what the epistle says about the justification of ALL sinners by faith in Christ. Why bother to cite a book of Scripture if you disagree with it? It's quite obvious, in dealing with these people, that most of 'em have never bothered to give the issue so much as ten minutes' serious thought.

This Blog is not going to mollycoddle stupid conservatives. I refuse to perform triple-backflips to prove to anybody that I'm a good enough Christian Amurricun to be trustworthy. I've had enough experience with people, in my forty-three years on this earth, to know that most decent folks will give you the benefit of a doubt, and that most of those so gung-ho about rushing to judgment are losers, liars, cowards and pathetic excuses for human beings. They concentrate on criticizing other people because their own behavior is so subpar they feel the need to divert attention to somebody else's.

Let me direct you to a passage with which they are clearly unfamiliar. Look up Luke 6:41-42. The very best (and only truly effective) means of providing moral guidance to others is BY EXAMPLE. No real mystery as to why this sort of "Christian" never attempts that!

Tell you what, Bible-verse-dropping trolls. Go to a gay or gay-friendly church and MEET WITH US FACE-TO-FACE if you've got issues with us (We keep inviting them to do that, but they keep not showing up). If you don't want me to think you're just some loser who hates the fact that I've had more girlfriends than you have, then prove it. I think you're the religious equivalent of a chickenhawk. Why don't you make my day and prove me wrong?

You can't, of course. Which is why you won't.

2 Comments:

At 2:09 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I have to admit I laughed my ass off when I saw this:

"Given the general ugliness of their behavior, one would be on just as solid a footing to assume that the Bible-verse-dumpers themselves need a good boning-up."

I'm not altogether sure I read it with the meaning you intended. Or did I? :-)

Nice blog!
Lyric

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Lori Heine said...

Nope, Lyric...I must admit I meant no double meaning there.

Not that there's anything wrong with bringing a smile to a reader's face...intentional or otherwise!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home