Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Some Random Ramblings for Mid-September

Here are a few odds and ends worth mentioning in the middle of the month...

  • What earthly sense does it make for Bush and Company to assert that the terrorists "hate our freedoms," then use fear of the terrorists as an excuse to attack our freedoms themselves?
  • Republicans have a vested interest in another terrorist attack. And right now, that means pretty much all of them. Democrats, on the other hand -- particularly leaders like Senator Obama, who is campaigning on a message of hope -- have a vested interest in our not being attacked again. Hmmmm...seems to me that if we really want to be safe from further terrorist attacks, our choice is pretty clear.
  • Though I would in no way compare my loss to that of those who died or lost loved ones on September 11 of 2001, I certainly suffered a very personal loss at the terrorists' hands, too. My birthday was taken from me, in a very real sense, and I don't know if I'll ever really, truly get it back. Not the way it was, in any case. Probably for the rest of my life, every time I tell people when my birthday is, I'll have to hear "Eeeeewww...how AWFUL!" and restrain myself from belting the insensitive dolts. It is now a national day of mourning and remembrance, and as I cannot simply exchange my birthdate for a different one, I will always have to live with that.
  • If Sarah Palin hadn't made a career (as have most Republicans) of butting her nose into other people's private lives, then of course how she raises her kids would be nobody's damned business but her own. As it is, she -- and people like her -- had just better get used to their private lives being an open book. Karma's a bitch, ain't it?

Sorry I have nothing more cohesive or coherent, for this week, than these few musings. The election season has gotten me so frazzled that right now it's hard for me to put large concepts together. Thank the Lord in Heaven, we only have another month and a half of this. Any longer than that, and I think my brain would shut down completely.

If only so many Americans' hadn't shut down already. The McCain-Palin campaign is now running on sheer stupidity alone. Hoping for an Obama victory is no longer enough. Folks, we need plenty of prayer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home