Wednesday, April 18, 2007

"Turn the Other Cheek -- You F--ing Idiot!"

Over at one of my favorite blogs, The Queen of All Evil, there is yet another dustup over gun control. I made too much sense to suit somebody (bruised his vanity, in actuality), so -- though only moments ago, he had been lecturing me about Jesus' admonition to "turn the other cheek" -- he called me "a fucking idiot." He also told me, basically, that the death threats I have received, because of my stand as a gay Christian, are perfectly understandable. That I really do deserve it, after all.

Here, my friends, is the attitude of Mr. Cho, Eric Harris, Dylan Klebold, Timothy McVeigh and Mohammed Atta. It is identical to that of the "Reverend" Fred Phelps. These are the people who think somebody died and made them God, therefore their own, fragile, infantile little egos are sooooo important that anyone who transgresses upon them deserves to die.

This individual, however, is a liberal. How do we know that? Why, because he believes in the forcible, State-instituted disarmament of all law-abiding citizens. (Those evil, floating guns from outer space, don't you know?) Therefore, I am supposed to believe I can trust this clown, and others of his ilk, in their sterling, Christ-like moral judgment. Not only am I supposed to let those with this sort of judgment lecture me about what Jesus meant in what He said in the Gospels, but I am very literally supposed to trust it with my life.

Sorry. Thanks, but no thanks.

Might I put forward the possibility that it is just this sort of moral befuddlement -- this insane inability to distinguish between right and wrong -- that is the very reason so many loose cannons are running around out there, gunning for the innocent? Might I further put forward that this is the very reason WE DON'T DAMN DARE LET OURSELVES BE DISARMED?

Just a thought. If I make too much sense for you, and it bruises your little, Mama's Boy vanity, then I suppose it ought to come to no big surprise what you'll want to do about it. Just keep in mind that this weekend, I'm going out shooting with the new, local chapter of the Pink Pistols.

Armed gays don't get bashed. And I'll be ready for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home