Tuesday, October 12, 2010

My Sporting Predictions Lay Pretty, Speckled Eggs

I suppose I must wait no longer to remark on my latest failed prophecy about the Phoenix Mercury. It is painfully obvious that they lost to the Seattle Storm -- who went on to capture the 2010 WNBA title.

I just KNEW the Merc were going to win. Madame Hoopsie's crystal ball was cloudy.

This marks the official end of my career as a prognosticator of basketball results. I don't seem to know who's going to win at all. I can merely persist in patient hope. My girls have won two championships in three years. They seem to go all the way in odd-numbered years: 2007 and 2009 thus far.

All I'll say is that they're on schedule to do it again in 2011. I'm not predicting, mind you...just laying a few pretty, speckled eggs.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 3:31 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Was looking for information on your mother Martha. I have a picture in my office from around 1952 of Martha my father and me. (I'm about 10) in the back yard of her parents in Glenview, Ill.
I see that she passed in 2007.

Bob Ryan aka Richard.

theryan42@sbcglobal.net

 

Post a Comment

<< Home